Senior Ward Nurse
SENIOR WARD STAFF NURSE COSMETICS: SALARY Negotiable + Free treatments and pension option
Central London location convenient for all underground transport routes, handy for mainline stations and buses.
Due to the increased popularity of its ground-breaking cosmetic surgery treatments this brand new,state-of-the-art hospital now needs an experienced Head Surgical Ward Nurse to care for patients who are day cases and overnight patients.
The position would suit a PIN holder who is NMC registered and has a good surgical ward nursing background,plus some supervisory experience and is keenly interested in Cosmetics.
***This offers the rare chance to get involved in Cosmetic Surgery nursing and this is a career enhancing position as FURTHER IN-HOUSE TRAINING into ward management is on offer!
1. To deliver high quality care to cosmetic patients throughout their treatments.
2. To provide and maintain a high standard of care on the cosmetic surgery ward.
3. To be part of a multi-disciplinary team within the hospital.
• To be responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating
care for patients relatives without direct supervision.
• To interpret data and clinical information and to support/supervise junior nurses.
• Contribute to the development, evaluation and audit of specialist protocols and guidelines.
• Effective communication skills when dealing with patients and
their families and to promote effective collaboration within the multidisciplinary team.
• Plan, organise and prioritise the workload efficiently for patients and to regularly
co-ordinate the ward.
• To respond promptly to emergencies by taking immediate action,
• Nurses health education
• Quality initiatives within the clinical area and practice in the evaluation of patient outcomes.
• To work within the guidelines of the NMC code of Professional practice
• To demonstrate a commitment to professional development and maintain registration in
line with NMC requirements.
• To complete mandatory study days as required by the company
• To be actively involved in ward education programmes.
• To act as associate mentor or mentor to students and junior nurses following completion
of recognised training (annually updated) and to assist with the completion of
relevant competencies with support from own mentor.
• To be knowledgeable of developments and changes which affect nursing practice
in general and within this speciality.
• To develop management skills in oneself, and to teach management skills to
junior staff commensurate with their grade.
• To actively participate in annual appraisals and personal development plans and
implement resulting recommendations
• To maintain the professional profile of the unit and facilitate communication links
with other departments.
• To adhere to company policies, protocols and guidelines.
Thisposition is unusual and offers variety and interest.Please apply today!
Contact Mark Taylor 01580 762803 or send your CV in response.