Lead Theatre Nurse
Cosmetic Surgery Theatre Manager. £35000 negotiable.
Our client is owner of a beautiful purpose-built medical facility, designed specifically to provide world-leading cosmetic procedures in discreet,smart and convenient surroundings in the Leeds area.
Their belief is that it is only possible to deliver the very highest quality plastic and cosmetic surgery to patients by continuing to invest in the very highest quality resources.
This means employing the best in nursing staff and surgeons.
We are now seeking a Theatre Manager with good skills - clinical in theatre and outside as a communicator, mentor, leader and motivator.
Registered Theatre Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
• Peri-operative experience with at least one year at Senior/Lead Practitioner level.
• Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department.
• Surgical First Assistant.
• Teaching and Assessing/Mentorship qualification.
• ILS/ALS skills.
Aims of the role
To provide clinical and management leadership to the operating department team within their Manchester site to deliver excellent service for patients.
Working closely with cosmetic and medical doctors and surgeons, the role will involve making the best use of theatres whilst ensuring compliance to clinical standards.
To actively contribute to clinical practice and duties and to assume responsibility for the operational management of staff and resources in order to provide a safe working environment.
For a full job description contact Mark Taylor on 01580 762803
Or send your CV for short listing today! email@example.com
Act as a clinical role model, demonstrating a high level of expertise in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care ensuring compliance with Care Standard Act, and KLOE’s at all times.
• Promote partnership with patients and encourage their right to informed choice and consent. Enable people to exercise their rights and promote their equality and diversity and maintain patient confidentiality at all times..
• Promote effective communications with other Theatre Managers and members of the Multi Disciplinary Team, instilling change to promote best practise.
• Work as a perioperative practitioner within the team providing scrub, circulatory and recovery roles.
Provide managerial direction and support to the team in the delivery of the service, proactively anticipating and planning for surgery days whilst maintaining the cohesive team structure and effective use of resources.
• Lead in a specific area of theatre practice, making recommendations, coordinating projects and developing practice guidelines and policies based upon robust evidence, gained from risk assessment, audit and literature review.
Undertake Human Resource activities for all team members including regular one2ones and be involved in probationary reviews and appraisals.
• Ensure compliance with nurse revalidation, that CPD logs and reflective accounts are maintained. Complete reflective discussions with the team, documenting accordingly.
• Foster an environment that supports and encourages personal and professional growth and meets the revalidation requirements within the nursing team.
• Provide clinical direction and support to the operating team and the delivery of patient care.
• Participate in teaching all grades of staff.
• Ensure appropriate mentorship and training programmes are in place for new members of staff.
• Actively participate in one’s own professional development in accordance with objectives identified at Appraisal Review, demonstrating professional commitment to the role.
To apply for shortlisting or to get a complete job description,please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01580 762803
BUTLER TAYLOR Aesthetic Recruitment is the industry's pioneering specialist agency.
Established in 2002,it is the only one recognised as a Network Partner by BACN.( British Association of Cosmetic Nurses)