Theatre Practitioner. Anaesthetics/Recovery. Orthopaedics.
Salary negotiable + Generous benefits package
Our Client: A Small hospital delivering huge results for patients and staff.
We are proud to be working with one of the most prestigious and established private hospitals in central London whose small scale and friendly yet efficient environment creates an atmosphere of calm professionalism. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient services in both medical and surgical care.
Why you should apply!
The hospital encourages their staff to achieve the very highest standards with a strong focus on learning and development, as well as rewarding them with competitive pay and benefits package, market- leading leave allowances and the support, respect and autonomy to achieve their best.
Their areas of specialisation include orthopaedics,breast,plastics,vascular,urology,gynae,colorectal,cardio,ENT,neurological,maxillofacial,opthalmology.
1. To work as a valued part of the Operating Department team, within the anaesthetic and recovery teams, with the aim of providing the highest standard of patient care by ensuring a safe, caring and efficient service within the department.
1. To participate in the maintenance of high standards within the Operating Department at all times.
2. To assist in the formulation of policies and procedures relevant to operating department practice and assist in communication and implementation of the same.
3. To assist in the preparation of anaesthetic and theatre equipment required for surgical procedures, using relevant guidelines and instructions.
4. To assist and be available to the anaesthetist during all stages of the anaesthesia, assisting with the necessary drugs and equipment.
5. To participate as a circulating member of the Theatre team.
6. To competently recover patients from all types of anaesthesia, ensuring competencies are maintained at all times.
7. To participate as a scrub Nurse (where competent) if required by the Theatre Manager.
8. To participate in the preparation, cleaning and clearing of all areas of the theatre as required.
9. To ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs in accordance with established hospital policies and law.
10. To ensure prompt collection of the correct named patient and to check all documentation before induction, including confirming with patient the procedure and the site of the procedure.
11. To participate in the Safe Surgery Checklist and inform the theatre team of any patient allergies or concerns if appropriate and ensuring if the need to leave theatre arises the team are aware of where and why you are leaving.
12. To ensure that all clinical and legal documents are completed accurately, legibly and signed.
13. At the end of each list, top up consumables to agreed levels and to order as required.
14. To dispose of clinical waste in accordance with hospital policy, ensuring the safety of others.
15. To always work as the patient’s advocate by ensuring that patients are treated in a professional and caring manner and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
16. To participate in the on call rota for theatre, once considered competent, ensuring availability for on call duties as requested.
Salary: Excellent depending on experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours
- Annual Leave: 35 Days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Free meals and beverages whilst on duty
- Interest free travel loan after 3 months probationary period
- Opportunity to join pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Free private medical insurance after a qualifying period of 12 months.
- Subsidised Accommodation close to Oxford Circus
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly respected team in a hospital which values its staff.
Contact Mark for a FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01580 762803 today!