Lead Theatre Nurse.
Cosmetics. Lead Theatre Nurse. £41000
A major player in the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery has asked us to find a strong,active Lead Theatre Nurse or Theatre Practitioner with transferable surgical skills to implement care for patients in the operating room area whilst providing clinical leadership and direction to the theatre/surgery team and also to act as a role model.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE ROLE:
• Provide managerial direction and support to junior colleagues within the team in the delivery of the service,
• Act as a clinical role model, demonstrating both a high level of expertise in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care.
To provide a clinical leadership to and in order to care for patients in the operating and surgery environment with the highest possible standard.
- To actively contribute to clinical practice and duties as required. To maximise theatre utilisation and maintain clinical standards.
- The post-holder will provide leadership and direction to theatre / surgery staff.
- Undertake the management and organisation of care provision within the operating theatre and surgery environment.
THEATRE LEAD ROLE
• Participate fully as a team member, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues to support a cohesive team and achievement of team objectives.
• Demonstrate through a holistic approach to care and day to day clinical issues, an understanding of evidence based practice.
• To liaise with Surgeons regarding procedures and requirements.
• To assist/scrub with various types of cosmetic surgical procedures.
• To assist in pre and post-operative care of the patient following the procedures.
• To be responsible for clinical stock control and ordering.
• Liaison with outside suppliers and manufacturers.
• Cover the out of hours on call phone according to the on call rota.
• Follow up care and advice is provided to patients.
• Patient safety is maintained as a key priority, and in line with CQC requirements.
• A high standard of professionalism and standards is maintained at all times.
A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE SUPPLIED TO CANDIDATES WISHING TO BE SHORTLISTED.
Contact Mark om 07521 226860 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
BUTLER TAYLOR IN NETWORK PARTNERSHIP WITH BACN ( British Association of Cosmetic Nurses)